The Legal Department is charged with protecting QIA against legal risks and ensuring that all transactions and operations are conducted properly and in accordance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which QIA is active. It supports QIA across a broad range of investment activities. Our international staff of lawyers, tax advisors and compliance officers work closely with every department of QIA to provide legal advice, assist in negotiations and prepare and review all contracts and legal documents related to QIA's activities. The Legal Department professionals are also responsible for all interactions with regulatory authorities. For this diverse range of responsibilities, our world-class Legal Department is organised into five units: M&A, Finance and Capital Markets, Tax, Compliance and Corporate Affairs.
The specific activities the Legal Department carries out include:
• Prepare and negotiate legal documentation for all investment transactions and other legal matters
• Organise legal, tax and regulatory due diligence on all investment transactions
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, specifically anti money laundering and performing KYC checks
• Develop legal, tax and regulatory structures for all investment transactions
• Manage the interactions with regulatory authorities
• Support Management on all QIA internal legal matters and corporate governance